$1M for a retired couple that was killed as a result of a propane gas explosion

Settlement:
$1,000,000

$1M ($500K to each estate) for a retired couple that was killed as a result of a propane gas explosion that occurred at their Wisconsin summer cottage. We determined that a brass flexible connector had not been tagged for replacement and/or removal at the time a new gas service was installed resulting in the leak and explosion. These flexible connectors were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission in the early 1990’s and MUST be replaced immediately if found in your home. This settlement exceeds Wisconsin’s wrongful death cap by $300K total.