Chris Norem has recovered over $100 million dollars in complex personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from transportation disasters, construction site accidents, medical negligence, dangerous property conditions and code violations, unsafe products, and many other cases.
Memberships and Associations:
- llinois State Bar Association Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Member
- American Association for Justice Member
- Illinois State University Attorneys Advisory Council Member
- The Society of Trial Lawyers
With undergraduate training in both biology and chemistry, Christopher Norem is unafraid to rigorously cross-examine medical experts to prove the seriousness as well as the cause of a client’s injuries in any personal injury lawsuit. His legal work has helped change the policy of a national rail system and has served as a deterrent to numerous businesses and individuals who might be tempted to negligence. Whether he’s arguing before a jury or seeking out professionals to help his clients manage the enormous monetary awards that he wins for them, Mr. Norem is constantly working to maintain a relationship of dedicated professional service and personal affection with injured and bereaved individuals who, truly, become his “clients for life.”
Norem argued and won the widely reported jury trial, Tellez v. Canadian National Railway, a groundbreaking case which exposed failures throughout the communications system for the Canadian National Railway and permanently changed its method of operations. On behalf of clients who have suffered injury or the loss of loved ones, he has secured tens of millions of dollars in compensation for cases involving transportation disasters, construction site accidents, medical negligence, dangerous property conditions and code violations, unsafe products, and many other issues. His skills are so highly regarded that the 60,000 attorneys in Sullivan’s Law Directory have voted him a Leading Lawyer, a honor given to only the top five percent of lawyers in Illinois. He has additionally been recognized by Thomson-Reuters’ Super Lawyers®in the field of plaintiff’s personal injury law. He has given lectures on personal injury law at the request of legal and medical professional groups.
If you are seeking a personal injury lawyer who will handle the most difficult aspects of medical argument with ease, who will keep you informed and stay connected with you during every step of your case, and who will assist you with other matters long after your case is settled and won, look no further than attorney Christopher M. Norem.
Attorney Christopher M. Norem has been elected by his peers as a Superlawyer in the field of personal injury for the years 2013-2017.
Attorney Christopher M. Norem has been named a “Leading Lawyer” from 2013 to 2016 in the field of personal injury.
Attorney Christopher M. Norem has been selected by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as one of the “Nation’s Top 1%” practicing attorneys.
Attorney Christopher M. Norem has been named a “Top Attorney in Illinois” for 2014-2016 in the field of personal injury.
Education & Memberships
- Illinois State Bar
- Federal Trial Bar
- United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for Northern District of Indiana
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D.
Law School Honors/Involvement:
- Dean’s list; Moot Court Honor Society
- Illinois State University, B.S., biology, minor in chemistry
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement:
- Dean’s list; Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Phi Sigma Society
- Sigma Tau Gamma Scholar
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- Illinois State University Attorneys Advisory Council
- The Society of Trial Lawyers
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Illinois Super Lawyer®
- Leading Lawyers Network Member selected by peers in Personal Injury Law: General
- Named among the nation’s top one percent of practicing attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel